Audio Department Manager – Salt Lake City, UT
The Audio Department Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations. This position manages a team of 3 to 6 technicians to plan, prep and maintain the quality of audio equipment delivered to shows around the country. Working closely with production management, other departments and other audio engineers to ensure consistent quality for every project. Selected candidate will assist/engineer shows, as necessary.
- Assist in the selection and design of audio equipment responding to the needs of our clients, based on budgetary guidelines and accepted technical standards
- Assist with creating and updating audio plots
- Coordinate project requirements with other departments, clients, and venues, including equipment, rigging, power, labor and shipping schedules as required
- Generate show specific equipment Pull Sheets within inventory control software (FLEX)
- Work with Warehouse Manager and Technicians to ensure all equipment pulls, packaging and labeling are accurate and in accordance with the pull sheets
- Unload, set up and tear down, load equipment for shows as needed
- Direct audio crews in show-site activities as required, maintaining workplace, project and site safety always
- Follow procedures pertaining to preventative equipment loss measures.
- Maintain and service equipment as necessary, providing service logs and schedules
- Coordinate special projects, including research and recommendations for purchase of specialty audio related items for show applications.
- Maintain sufficient equipment and supplies stock to ensure the on-going needs of the production.
- Maintain a safe, organized, clean, and neat warehouse environment.
- Provide training/tutoring for staff on your department’s procedures, including equipment preparation, set-up, operation, removal, QC, troubleshooting and repair
- Assume duties of co-workers throughout company as needed
- Familiarity with audio equipment
- Computer literacy including basic networking
- Math aptitude
- Project management
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members and other departments
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and be proactive
- Experience operating a forklift and materials handling equipment
- Planning, organization, and problem solving
- Must be able to lift, carry, move, and place up to 50 pounds as needed
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to assist with loading and unloading equipment into trucks
- High School Diploma or GED minimum, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in audio production for live events, including hands-on experience with wireless microphones, amplifiers, line array systems and digital consoles
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Have excellent written, communication and time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as CAD Drawing, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision and provide a respectful & positive work environment
- Ability to operate scissor lift and forklift preferred
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Available to travel as required
- Must provide acceptable documents that establish both identity and employment authorization.
- As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Up to 20%
Salary & Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Life insurance
- 401k program
Openings available in: